Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Just a little update

Since I haven't written a blog in a while, thought I'd just do an update real quick.

Things are moving right along for our big move to Japan. The house is sold. YAY! We didn't make much on it, but at least we didn't LOSE money (which is saying a lot in this market). Thankfully, the guy that bought it works with Mike so he's letting us live here and pay rent for this month. That way we don't have to move into an apartment for just a month. We're selling a bunch of stuff that we don't think we'll have room for in Japan. The living room is looking rather empty without the entertainment center and speakers. The computer desk is going today. We've made quite a bit of money selling our stuff on craigslist. Next to go is the Civic.

Jackson hasn't started speech therapy yet, but hopefully we'll get going on it before we leave. Just waiting on the referral from the insurance to come through and we all know what a slow process THAT can be. In the mean time, he has learned more signs and can now sign "eat", "milk", and "all done". I try to sign everything that I know the signs for consistently and look up signs I think he'd use if we knew them. Right now we're working on "tired", "read", and "banana".

My last day of work was yesterday. It was my "final out" where I handed in keys, ID Card, etc. I thought I'd be more sad about leaving, but I really wasn't at all. I really like staying home so far. Hopefully it'll stay that way and things won't get boring. Seems like it'd be impossible to be bored with Jackson around. He likes to keep things interesting for us.

Mike's parents were here for the last few days. They are on their way home right now. They had fun with Jackson and he liked being spoiled. (Who wouldn't?!) We'll be seeing everyone again next month on our final round of visits before leaving the country.

Guess that's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Natural Mommie Green Giveways