Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Weekly Update 10/4/09

Mom did her big adventure blog separate, so this one will be an update on me and Daddy throughout the week while Mom’s been out of commission.

When Mom went to the hospital on Saturday, Trysta and David came over at 3:30 am to watch me. They had me through the weekend, but Trysta got sick on Sunday. She went to urgent care where they did a rapid flu test that came back negative. So basically just rest and fluids and let it run its course. David kept me entertained throughout the day while she rested, but he had to go back to work on Monday. So during the day on Monday, Laura (the same one who took Mom to the hospital on Saturday) watched me at our house until David got off work and picked me up. She took me with her to take her dog to the groomer and some other errands, which I really enjoyed!

Then on Tuesday Laura watched me in the morning, then another spouse from Daddy’s squadron kept me in the afternoon when Laura went to work. Mom got a call at the hospital in the afternoon from the sitter saying I had a fever and asking if she could give me Tylenol. So Mom told her yes of course. When David picked me and got me home, Trysta found a lump on the back of my neck that I wouldn’t let her touch and I was saying my head hurt (well, signing hurt and pointing to my head, but same thing). I also still had a fever. So they took me to urgent care, where they did a rapid flu test that came back negative. They said the same thing for me that they’d told her: drink lots of fluids, give me watered down Gatorade instead of plain water, and let me rest as much as possible.

Also on Tuesday the decision was made to bring Daddy home from Kuwait. Since they were sending Mom to Hawaii, he needed to come home to take care of me. Trysta and David were doing a great job but that wasn’t a good permanent solution. Especially since we had no idea how long Mom would be in Hawaii. So Daddy’s commander and first shirt contacted his leadership in Kuwait and got the ball rolling with getting him home ASAP. Since he was supposed to be leaving in the next few weeks anyways and his replacement would be there soon, they consider his time in Kuwait as “mission complete”. He’ll still get credit for the whole deployment and anything else that he would’ve gotten (medals, etc) he’ll still get, too.

Wednesday Trysta was still feeling pretty crappy so Daddy’s first sergeant’s wife and daughter watched me. They brought me by the hospital to see Mom one last time before she left for Hawaii. I looked like crap still since I was feeling bad, and wasn’t in a very good mood, but Mom still got to see me which was nice.

Mom had also contacted the legal office on base and they had someone bring by paperwork granting Trysta and David temporary custody of me until Daddy got home. It was a good thing Mom did that since they ended up taking me back to urgent care on Wednesday night. My temperature got up to 102 and that worried Trysta. Mom laughed when Trysta told her that she’d taken me back for that, but she’s not a mom and obviously safe is way better than sorry. The doctor at urgent care kind of laughed at her, too. They told her I was fine, just still sick and continue the fluids, Motrin and Tylenol. Also, she’d been putting me in my regular sleepers and they told her to just let me sleep in a onesie. Oh, and no need to bring me back unless my temp gets to 104 and doesn’t come down with Motrin and Tylenol. Which, of course, Mom already knew, but the high temp freaked Trysta out and Mom didn’t blame her at all for taking me in. I'm usually healthy and really haven't been sick before. Mom felt kind of bad that she wasn’t there for my first real bout with illness. But at least I wasn’t puking or anything.

Thursday was uneventful for everyone except Mom until Daddy got home. He got home late at night and went to Trysta and David’s house. I was already asleep but Daddy didn’t have a key to our apartment, or even know where it was since we moved. He stayed over there for a few hours before heading home. He decided to just let me sleep and he’d get me the next day.

Friday Daddy went back to David and Trysta’s and gave David the camera to record the reunion. It was pretty anticlimactic. I recognized Daddy and walked over to him, but wasn’t just totally ecstatic to see me like Mom anticipated. Mom hasn’t seen the video yet, but she can’t wait to see it. I was still sick, so Mom thinks that may have had something to do with my lack of reaction.

Since Friday everything has been pretty normal. Daddy and I are re-bonding and getting a good routine down. Mom’s disappointed that she can’t be here to help things along, but we’re doing fine. I'm getting better each day but still have a sore throat and a slight temperature. Plus I haven’t shown Daddy my world class eating skills yet either. I’m sure I’ll get my appetite back in no time.

And of course, Sunday was my birthday. Happy 2nd birthday to Mom’s sweet baby boy who is no longer a baby. Such a big boy! In a big boy bed, and ready to start potty training. The other day I told Daddy BEFORE I pooped in my diaper so it’s definitely time!

This may be the last of the weekly updates for a while. Mom will still post something whenever we do something interesting, but now that Daddy’s home we probably don’t need weekly play by plays anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Natural Mommie Green Giveways