Saturday, March 6, 2010

Life as a "single" Mom

Mike is deployed. He volunteered to go since we knew he'd go in May if he didn't go now. I'd rather him be gone while Alex is still LITTLE little, instead of being 4 months older. So while we decided this would be better, I'm still missing him. He's been gone a month, and it definitely doesn't feel like that long, so maybe the next few months will go by quickly, too.

I'm planning a trip home while he's gone. We're having a little bit of a tough time getting on a flight, but that's how it goes when you're flying "Space A". I'll gladly deal with the hassle to save thousands of dollars on a commercial ticket. Hopefully we'll get on a flight soon.

The boys. Oh my, how they are growing. Alex is smiling and laughing (and I can't get enough of that!) Jackson is making strides in language and is using complete sentences most of the time, now. He's also learned how to open doors, which is a joy. Last night he woke up at 2 and wanted to come in my bed. I told him no and put him back in his. He cried a few times and I went back in and calmed him down. I fell asleep at 3 (after nursing Alex) thinking Alex was fed, happy and back asleep and Jackson was asleep in his bed. I woke up at 5 and Jackson was in my bed with me. I'm not sure if I agreed to that or not. I definitely didn't do it consciously.

My life is full of little stories like that. It is definitely difficult being the only parent. We stay busy, so that helps, but there are some times where I just really could use a little break. An hour to go to the commissary by myself. I do have great friends and support here, but it's not the same as having Mike. Part of me really REALLY misses him. And part of me just ignores that and focuses on our routine. One day at a time. But I knew what I signed up for when I married him. This is part of being a military spouse, and even with the deployments, I absolutely love that "job"!

I'll be glad when we're back in the states and I can stop worrying about how we're going to get there. Until then, keep your fingers crossed for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Natural Mommie Green Giveways